Benefits of Cat6 networking cable – Why you should use it
Have you ever used an ethernet cable? What do you think is much faster – wifi or an ethernet cable? Though wireless connectivity is easy for the majority, based on my experience, an ethernet cable that transmits data with the use of cable is generally faster than wifi which provides data connection through wireless signals. Why? Because it is reliable and adds more security to your data. Wired network is still a favorable choice mostly in businesses and sometimes in their homes. Since we are talking about networking cables let us discuss the type of cable it has, the Cat6 networking cable. Check out the information below to familiarize yourself with this type of cable and why you should consider using it!
What is Cat6 networking cable?
Cat6 networking cables have been invented in the technology world by the Telecommunications Industry Association for their document specification. It can be used up to 100 meters maximum length and has a bandwidth of 250 MHz. It is mainly used for computer networks that have a gigabyte, 1000 Mbps, or 1 Gbps of transferring data speed.
Benefits of Cat6 networking cable
Speed and performance
- Cat6 networking cables are established for greater and faster internet speed. It was released to complement Gigabit ethernet including patch panels, routers, modems, switches, and other substances invented to obtain a full gigabit network.
- Because of its undeniable features and extraordinary service of 200% additional speed you can avail of this for a less expensive value.
Retrieving and saving
- If you think your network is not performing according to your productivity speed, better replace it with Cat6 networking cables. This cable can assure 100% security to your files.
New Kid on the Block
- Unlike the previous networking cables released, this cable has 4 unshielded twisted pairs or UTP of copper wire. This pair of wires are used for signaling for the cable to be able to acquire a higher level of performance.
- Just like any other networking cables, this has 8 wires twisted together to form 4 pairs which are mentioned above. The edge of this networking cable to the other cables is that its wire has an insulator inside of them which prevents each pair from touching each other.
- The diameter of Cat6 networking cables is only 0.15 inches. This indicates that it reduces the space where it is placed and can save up to 50% because of this there will be extra space for other cables and have larger pathways.
- Because of its size, these cables were able to improve the airflow and keep the equipment from getting hot. This is significant most commonly for machines with large chassis switches. It is helpful for the maintenance of the tools also.
Flexibility and Compatibility
- Cat6 networking cables are backward compatible it basically means that it can be used together with the previous networking cables such as Cat 5, Cat 5E, and even with the oldest cable Cat3, and its equipment.
- Small businesses tend to use and install this cable because of its fast-emerging performance which results in why it is the standard cable in the industry. Many IT companies and professionals prefer Cat6 networking cables for their exceedingly fast network speed.
Cat5E vs. Cat6 networking cable
Here are some added reasons you might consider using Cat6 networking cables over other cables, especially the cable before it, Cat5E. This will help you know the difference between Cat6 b among them!
- Though both Cat5E and Cat6 networking cables can handle up to 1000 Mbps speed, the difference between them relies on its bandwidth. A bandwidth is cable support for the transmission of data. Compared to Cat5E which can operate frequencies up to 100 MHz, Cat6 can manage it up to 250 MHz.
- Cat5E can handle and support 1GBASE-T or 1-gigabit ethernet which is a good networking cable for homes or some businesses but here is our Cat6 cable which can support up to 10GBASE-T or up to 10-gigabit ethernet! It will actually suit big companies and other enormous corporations since it is also upgradable.
Structure of wires
- Usually, networking cables have prints on its outer surface for the people to be able to identify the wire they want. But in some cases, networking cables don’t have it, so here is a tip. For you to determine the wire, Cat6 cables are much thicker than Cat5E cables. Thus, when you look at the inside structure of the Cat6 cable you will see the insulator inside. It is placed in the middle of the twisted copper wires to avoid them from connecting to each other.
- Because of the flexibility and higher features of the Cat6 networking cables nowadays, the other methods used reduced the noise and added more specifications for crosstalk. It also improved the transmission of Equal Level Far-end crosstalk, Insertion Loss (IL), and Return Loss (RL) which results to lessen noise, higher data rates, and fewer errors.
To sum it all up then the choice is still up to you. The type of cable that fits you perfectly generally depends on how frequently you use the data network in your home and business. Several cables were invented and you have various options to choose from. There are a lot of choices that would suit your place to have a better experience. We ask ourselves numerous questions such as What is the right speed for my house? or Can this handle the number of users I have?. If you need a cable that’s fast and long and plenty of bandwidth for the people or machine to transmit their data around at the same time, Cat6 networking cables are waiting for you. Considering Cat6 cables for faster speed and reliable cable would actually give you better performance and would lessen your worries. So, have you finally understood the importance and benefits of Cat6 networking cables?